Search results: ''

News

IHNZ Update - 18 August 2021

IHNZ Update - 18 August 2021

Posted August 18, 2021

In light of the latest Government announcement regarding COVID-19 made Tuesday evening, IHNZ issued a short statement to all clubs regarding the postponement or cancellation of this weekend’s games.

IHNZ met again last night to discuss the implications of this in regards to the Oceanias training camps and 25th Nationals celebrations. We appreciate that this is of concern to a number of members and will continue to provide regular updates as soon as information comes to hand.

Oceanias 2022:

There have been a number of questions regarding the recent Covid outbreak in Australia and New Zealand and how this may affect the planned Oceanias trip for 2022.

As mentioned in our last newsletter to all, alternate plans are being worked on in conjunction with Inline Hockey Australia including date changes to later in 2022 and a potential city, venue and country change.

At this stage we are simply too far away date wise to make a definite decision and are needing more information from the New Zealand Government and the airlines regarding health, immigration and other border clearance requirements that will be needed and may influence the decision making process.

In the meantime we will continue to plan positively for an event as best we can.

Taking into account the shift to Alert Level 4 within New Zealand it has been decided that:

Oceania Training Camps for all Male grades scheduled for 28/29 August in Hamilton will be postponed until a later date.

Those who have paid a deposit and a camp fee to date have 2 choices:
i) leave this as paid and a receipt will be issued
ii) opt to have these funds returned
Please contact gm@inlinehockeynz.org.nz with your requirements.

This decision has been made to ensure all players are not traveling unnecessarily and any associated costs can be minimised.

Oceania Training Camps for female grades scheduled for 11/12 September at this stage will continue but will advise of any change as soon as possible. You can expect a decision on this as soon as we are aware of the next decisions made by the government.

Nationals 25 Anniversary:

Today we have no change to our planned event. We are continuing to plan as if this is going ahead with the organisation for a successful event well underway.

At this stage we will review this in September once more information is at hand. We are mindful of how incredibly disappointing it is to have plans cancelled and will not be an option made lightly but will in all likelihood be a decision made for us by the government.

Alert Level Information:

There are a range of sites available to check Alert Level information:

A reminder about Alert Level 4:

  • Only essential services are able to operate
  • All indoor venues and sporting facilities, including clubrooms and gyms, are closed
  • Organised sports and physical activity are not allowed outside of your bubble
  • You can train at home, or outdoor places in your local area. Maintain physical distancing of 2m with people outside your bubble
  • Contact activity or sharing equipment/balls with people outside your bubble is prohibited
  • All water-based activities are prohibited because these activities expose participants to danger or may require search and rescue services.

We will continue to update all clubs and members as information comes to hand and encourage you to email any questions or queries to gm@inlinehockeynz.org.nz.

Stay safe everyone,
IHNZ Board