COVID-19 Update - 08/09/2021
Posted September 08, 2021
…With Auckland remaining at Level 4 until at least the next government announcement being made on Monday 13 October, the rest of New Zealand now moves into what will be known as Delta Level 2.
Sport NZ has not yet received the new health order from the government to confirm their guidance to sports and clubs. All Alert Level 2 information online has been removed pending this information being available. In the meantime, the following guidance should be used for planning purposes.
These Guidelines from Sport New Zealand are expected to be updated over the next 24 - 48 hours.
Team Sports at Alert Level 2
At Alert Level 2, team sports events can continue. These are limited to 50 people in indoor venues and 100 people at outdoor venues. The 100 person limit includes players and spectators. Referees, officials and other workers providing services to a sports game are not included in the 100 people.
- Groups should try not to mix with each other, or share common facilities such as changing rooms at the same time.
- If you are organising a sports event, make sure everyone records their visit.
- If you are watching the event, stand 2 metres away from others. Facilities may restrict numbers to help with physical distancing.
- Wash or sanitise your hands and encourage everyone to do the same.
- Remember to sign in using the NZ COVID Tracer app and keep a record of wherever you visit.
- You should wear a face covering wherever possible, except when exercising and playing sports.
We will keep you updated as more information comes to hand. In the meantime any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay safe all,